Who this statement applies to and what it covers
This Policy applies to the www.baswood.com website ("Site") and all products and services offered by Baswood, including all Users who use, any website, application, including mobile application ("app"), product, software or service of ours that hyperlinks to this Policy (our "Services").
Baswood provides wastewater treatment solution for businesses and our Services are generally not aimed at children. In the limited circumstances (if any) where we may collect and use personal information about children, we comply with industry guidelines and applicable laws.
Within our Services, there may be links to third-party websites or applications. We are not responsible for the content or privacy compliance of third-party websites or applications. You should check those websites or applications for their privacy statements and terms that apply to them.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number. We obtain personal information from you:
- through your interactions with us and our Services, such as, when you purchase or use our Services, register for an event, request information or call us for support (please note that we may record or monitor our telephone calls for compliance and quality assurance purposes)
- through your system/device and use of our Services. Our servers, logs and other technologies automatically collect system/device and usage information to help us administer, protect and improve our Services, analyze usage and improve users’ experience
- through cookies and similar technologies included on our Services.
- We may also collect personal information about you from third parties such as: the person(s) arranging for you to access our Services; an organization to which you belong where that organization provides you access to our Services; partners and service providers who work with us in relation to your Service; publicly available sources such as public websites, open government databases or other data in the public domain, to help us maintain data accuracy and provide and enhance the Services.
What types of personal information we collect
The type of personal information we collect depends on how you are interacting with us and which Services you are purchasing or using. In some cases, you can choose whether or not to provide us with personal information, but if you choose not to, you may not get full functionality from the Services.
The personal information we collect may consist of the following:
- Name and contact data, such as, first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data
- Account Credentials, such as, passwords and other security information for authentication and access
- User content, such as, communications and files provided by you in relation to your use of the Services
- Payment information, such as, payment card number (credit or debit card), and the security code associated with your payment instrument, if you make a payment
- Device information, such as, information about your device, such as IP address, location or provider
- Usage information and browsing history, such as, information about how you navigate within our Services, your browsing history and which elements of our Services you use the most
- Location data, for Services with location-enhanced features. If we need your consent to collect geo-location data, we will collect this separately
- Demographic information, such as, your country, and preferred language
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
How we use collected information
This section includes details of the purposes for which we use personal information and also the different legal grounds upon which we process that personal information. We use personal information to provide and improve Services and for other purposes that are in our legitimate interests, as well as for compliance purposes. Further information is set out below.
Baswood may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service. Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature. To send Users information about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails.
We may use the email address to respond to inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Some laws require us to explain our lawful reason for processing your personal information. We process personal information about you on the basis that it is:
- necessary for the performance of a contract: where we have a contract with you, we will process your personal information in order to fulfil that contract (i.e., to provide you with Services)
- in our or a third parties’ legitimate interests: details of those legitimate interests are set out in more detail below (e.g., provision of Services that we are contractually obliged by a third party, such as your employer, to deliver to you)
- where you give us your consent: we only ask for your consent in relation to specific uses of personal information where we need to and, if we need it, we will collect it separately and make it clear that we are asking for consent
- for compliance with a legal obligation (e.g., to respond to a court order or a regulator)
You are welcome to contact us for further information on the legal grounds that we rely on in relation to any specific processing of your personal information.
Legitimate interests for use
We use personal information for a number of legitimate interests, including to provide and improve Services, administer our relationship with you and our business, for marketing and in order to exercise our rights and responsibilities. More detailed information about these legitimate interests is set out below:
- to set up and administer your account, provide technical and customer support and training, verify your identity, and send important account, subscription and Service information
- to administer our relationship with you, our business and our third-party providers (e.g., to send invoices)
- to analyze the way you use our Services to make suggestions to you for features or Services that we believe you will also be interested in, and so that we can make our Services more user-friendly
- to personalize your experience with our Services. We may retain your browsing and usage information to make your searches within our Services more relevant and use those insights to target advertising to you online on our websites and apps. Your choices in relation to marketing are explained here.
- we may sometimes share your personal information across our Services so that we can make all of the Services we deliver to you more intuitive (e.g., rather than requiring you to enter the same data many times)
- to contact you in relation to, and conduct, surveys or polls you choose to take part in and to analyze the data collected for market research purposes
- to display information you choose to post, share, upload or make available in chat rooms, messaging services, and community and event forums (including in community and event profiles) and for related collaboration, peer connection, games and information exchange
- to provide any third party, who has made our Services available to you (e.g., your employer), insights about use of the Services
- for internal research and development purposes and to improve, test and enhance the features and functions of our Services
- to provide you with marketing as permitted by law
- to meet our internal and external audit requirements, including our information security obligations (and if your employer provides for your access to our Services, to meet their internal and external audit requirements)
- to enforce our terms and conditions
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety, networks, systems and property, or those of other persons
- for the prevention, detection or investigation of a crime or other breach of law or requirement, loss prevention or fraud
- to comply with requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, including where they are outside your country of residence
- in order to exercise our rights, and to defend ourselves from claims and to comply with laws and regulations that apply to us or third parties with whom we work
- in order to participate in, or be the subject of, any sale, merger, acquisition, restructure, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings)
Where we rely on legitimate interests as a lawful ground for processing your personal information, we balance those interests against your interests, fundamental rights and freedoms.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. We will take such measures with respect to your personal information using secumamrity measures that we use for personal information of others, and we will do so in compliance with all applicable data protection laws. Unfortunately, despite such measures, no data transmission over the Internet and no database or other depository of information can be one hundred percent secure. As a result, while we will strive to protect your personal information, we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of any of your personal information. We will not be and are not liable for disclosures of your personal information due to errors in transmission, networks that we do not control, or unauthorized acts of third parties.
Sharing your personal information
We share personal information within Baswood, our business partners and third party service providers, the person providing for your access to our Services (if that is not you), and in accordance with law.
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes of their provision of services to us.
In particular, we may share your information for the purposes set out in this Policy with the following categories of recipients:
- within our company
- the person or entity providing your access to our Services (e.g., your employer)
- business partners with whom we deliver co-branded Services, provide content, or host events, conferences and seminars
- third parties that help us deliver Services or act on our behalf
- third parties where we have a duty to or are permitted to disclose your personal information by law (e.g., government agencies, law enforcement, courts and other public authorities)
- third parties in order to participate in, or be the subject of, any sale, merger, acquisition, restructure, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), in which case we may disclose your personal data to prospective buyers, sellers, advisers or partners and your data may be a transferred asset in a business sale
- third parties where reasonably required to protect our rights, users, systems and Services (e.g., legal counsel and information security professionals)
- any person you have asked us to share information with (e.g., if you upload information into a public forum it is shared publicly)
How long we keep personal information
If you have applied for a specific position with us and join us for that or any other position, your personal information will retained for at least so long as you continue to retain a position with us and thereafter for at least the minimum period required by applicable law. If you have applied for a position with us but do not join us for that or any other position or if you did not apply for a specific position, we may retain your personal information in order to consider you for any future positions. We will do so, however, only if you grant your consent to such extended retention. If you do not grant such consent, then we will retain your personal information only as necessary to comply with all applicable laws. Except for applications for positions as provided above, we will keep your personal information until such time as we no longer expect to need to use it for any legal and legitimate purpose and otherwise in accordance with all applicable laws. At the appropriate time, we will take reasonable steps to destroy your personal information or ensure that your personal information is de-identified, except were we need to retain such information to satisfy legal and professional ethical obligations.
Your rights with regard to your personal information
Except as otherwise expressly discussed in this Policy, this Policy only addresses our use and disclosure of personal information we collect from you. To the extent that you disclose your personal information to third parties, including any third party website linked from any of our websites, you are subject to the privacy customs and policies of those third parties. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose any personal information to such third parties. Subject to applicable law, you may have certain rights regarding personal information we have collected about you. Such rights might include the right to (a) know what personal information we have collected about you, (b) update or correct such information if you believe there is an inaccuracy, (c) restrict the processing of your personal information, (d) request deletion of your personal information, (e) object to our use of your personal information, or (f) request transmission of your personal information to another data controller.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights provided under local law, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to make a complaint about how we handled your personal information, or make a complaint about a breach of data protection laws, please send us an email at email@example.com. Complaints will be investigated and the outcome of the investigation will be communicated to you after the complaint is made in accordance with applicable law. You may have a right in some locations to file a complaint with your local data protection authority.
Questions about this Policy
Privacy and security is important to us. We are committed to building a trusting relationship with you, and we will continually monitor feedback and seek to improve our services to meet your needs. If you have any questions about this Policy or the practices of this website, or if you would like to provide comments, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Policy
825 Watters Creek Blvd #200
Allen, TX 75013
This document was last updated on September 25, 2018